[gmx-users] Corrupted checkpoint file from MD simulation

melichercik at leaf.nh.cas.cz melichercik at leaf.nh.cas.cz
Mon Aug 28 18:21:01 CEST 2017

Hi,
if you have .trr with saved velocities (at least from time to time), you can create new tpr file starting with the last frame you have.

And with this new .tpr you'll start normal run (gmx mdrun ...) and than you have to concatenate files with gmx eneconv and gmx trjcat. At least the version 4.x required at least the velocities and energies for some frame and I don't think it is possible to continue without them (cause of nature of MD).
Good luck.

Milan