[gmx-users] Difference in Hydrogen Bond Lifetimes on truncating trajectory and also on using pbc

Erik Marklund erik.marklund at kemi.uu.se
Tue Aug 29 14:07:58 CEST 2017

Dear Apramita,

Right. Still, the same still applies with regards to the -666.

It could be a matter of statistics, why you get sensible values for the longer trajectory chunk. Also, note that the trajectory length limits the possible timescales that the model can tease out. If I understand correctly, your trajectories with and without pic have different length, so I’m not surprised that the kinetic constants that you get out are different.

Kind regards,
Erik

Erik Marklund, PhD, Marie Skłodowska Curie INCA Fellow
Department of Chemistry – BMC, Uppsala University
+46 (0)18 471 4539
erik.marklund at kemi.uu.se<mailto:erik.marklund at kemi.uu.se>