[gmx-users] unfragmenting molecule in a trajectory

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Feb 1 22:46:08 CET 2017

On 2/1/17 3:18 PM, Irem Altan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For this I tried to do use the unfragmented configuration with the -s flag to trjconv when generating the trajectory. This results in a properly fragmented molecule, except for a single ILE residue. 3 atoms of this residue somehow remain displaced by the box size, while the other atoms of the same residue are correctly placed onto the protein. Is this a bug? If so, is there any way to circumvent it? (I use 5.1.2)

Without an exact sequence of commands, it's impossible to tell what may have
happened.  It is extremely doubtful that trjconv has a bug in simple PBC routines.

Reconstructing "broken" molecules should be trivial with trjconv -pbc mol and a
.tpr file passed to -s.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629