[gmx-users] Using GROMACS to simulate As-Protein interaction

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 16:48:42 CET 2017

Hi,

Well that's relatively good news :-) You can likely use the same kinds of
free-energy methods that are used e.g. for relative free-energy of binding
of one drug molecule over another to a protein... your "drug" is just the
ion, of course. See various tutorials. First challenge is to understand how
their model works and how you can express the parameters and topologies in
GROMACS file formats (assuming you use GROMACS). If you're really lucky,
your A and B state will just differ by parameters :-)

Mark