[gmx-users] Question Regarding GMX Grompp Unknown Atom Type

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Feb 9 23:04:21 CET 2017

On 2/9/17 4:58 PM, Elise White wrote:
> Tom,
>
> I really appreciate your insight into this problem - I did have a look at
> the Lipidbook
> website and downloaded a new lipid bilayer from there. I followed the same
> procedure,
> and now an error regarding my topology syntax has appeared:
>

> Fatal error:
>
> Syntax error - File topol_popg.top, line 10
>
> Last line read:
>
> '#include “gromos53a6_atb_popg.ff/forcefield.itp”'
>
> This is what my topology file looks like -
>
> ; Include chain topologies
> #include “gromos53a6_atb_popg.ff/forcefield.itp”
> #include “popg_after40ns.itp”

You have two different types of quotation marks in the topology, suggesting that
you're not using a plain text editor to make alterations.  Curly and straight
quotation marks are different characters; grompp will choke on the former (as it
will with bad line endings, etc).

-Justin

> ; Include water topology
> #include "gromos53a6_atb_popg.ff/spc.itp"
>
> ; Include ion topologies
> #include "gromos53a6_atb_popg.ff/ions.itp"
>
> ; System specifications
> [ system ]
> 128-Lipid POPG Bilayer
>
> [ molecules ]
> ; molecule name nr.
> DPO 128
> SOL 3,527
> NA+ 128
>
> I was hoping you might be able to advise me on resolving this issue.
>
> Best,
> Elise

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy