[gmx-users] multiple groups selected error

ashutosh srivastava ashu4487 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 03:50:30 CET 2017

Hi

My system contains protein, ligand (MOL) bound to protein, water(tip3p), 1
Na and 1 Cl.
Following is the command and output

GROMACS:      gmx hbond, VERSION 5.1.2
Executable:   /home/ashutosh/softwares/gromacs5/bin/gmx
Data prefix:  /home/ashutosh/softwares/gromacs5
Command line:
  gmx hbond -f traj.xtc -s struct.tpr -num -g -dist -ang -hbn -hbm -life
-tu ns -b 0 -e 2

Reading file struct.tpr, VERSION 5.1.2 (single precision)
Specify 2 groups to analyze:
Group     0 (         System) has 58866 elements
Group     1 (        Protein) has  5580 elements
Group     2 (      Protein-H) has  2817 elements
Group     3 (        C-alpha) has   334 elements
Group     4 (       Backbone) has  1002 elements
Group     5 (      MainChain) has  1337 elements
Group     6 (   MainChain+Cb) has  1656 elements
Group     7 (    MainChain+H) has  1659 elements
Group     8 (      SideChain) has  3921 elements
Group     9 (    SideChain-H) has  1480 elements
Group    10 (    Prot-Masses) has  5580 elements
Group    11 (    non-Protein) has 53286 elements
Group    12 (            Ion) has     2 elements
Group    13 (             NA) has     1 elements
Group    14 (            MOL) has    40 elements
Group    15 (             CL) has     1 elements
Group    16 (          Water) has 53244 elements
Group    17 (            SOL) has 53244 elements
Group    18 (      non-Water) has  5622 elements
Group    19 (          Other) has    40 elements
Group    20 (             NA) has     1 elements
Group    21 (            MOL) has    40 elements
Group    22 (             CL) has     1 elements
Group    23 ( Water_and_ions) has 53246 elements
Select a group: Error: Multiple groups 'MOL' selected
Error: No such group 'MOL'
Select a group: Selected 17: 'SOL'
Select a group:
Program gmx hbond, VERSION 5.1.2
Source code file:
/home/ashutosh/softwares/gromacs-5.1.2/src/gromacs/topology/index.cpp,
line: 917

Fatal error:
Cannot read from input

Thank you