[gmx-users] How treat PBC with -rerun option when simulate protein in a defined water shell?

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 15:30:46 CET 2017

Hi,

The energies are well defined, either way. (Whether they'll be useful is
another matter...) The problem comes when one side of your shell can see
the other across the gap within the cutoff, and you're still thinking of it
as an isolated single shell. Of if you're using PME, so that everything
sees everything at long range. Using no PBC and infinite cutoff is at least
cleanly defined (but not yet implemented in the Verlet scheme).

Mark