[gmx-users] gmx gangle

Antonio Baptista baptista at itqb.unl.pt
Wed Feb 15 23:37:20 CET 2017

Hi João,

I used gangle to compute several angle distributions relative to the
z-axis membrane normal, but that was almost a year ago, so I don't recall
the details. But I can tell you that, after many failed attempts, I gave
up from using fancy stuff in the -group1 and -group2 options. Instead, I
ended up writing a small bash script to process one atom pair at a time
(just one group in the .ndx file per gangle run) and to collect everything
at the end.

I understand that your problem is a bit different (your second vector is
not an axis, but defined by a second atom pair), but maybe a similar
"minimalist" approach could get the job done. Or not... Good luck!

Best,
Antonio