[gmx-users] hbond error

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Feb 16 15:24:21 CET 2017

On 2/16/17 9:17 AM, Mark Abraham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Great. To check that I understand you, do you think it should it read
> "Ordering is the reverse of that in -hbn index file?"

While this has been a point of confusion in the past, I think we have to be
careful with the wording here.  The ordering of -hbn and -hbm *is* actually the
same (the first element in -hbn is in fact the first matrix element in -hbm),
but the user has to understand how to interpret the contents of an .xpm file.
Its contents are printed as one sees it visually, so the first line of data is
the top line of the matrix, but that's not the first element of the matrix.  So
if we're going to clarify the language, we should probably have a rather more
verbose explanation of how to map the entries, in terms of the .xpm content itself.

-Justin

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629