[gmx-users] residuetypes.dat file problem

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Feb 18 23:13:03 CET 2017

On 2/18/17 12:41 PM, Mishelle Oña wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am modifying a force field to simulate a Polymer. I have add the monomers of my polymer in residuetypes.dat file as follows:
>
> ETHB      Polymer
>
> ETHP      Polymer
>
> ETHE      Polymer
>
> When I run the pdb2gro command a message like this appears:
>
> Processing chain 1 (153 atoms, 30 residues)
> Warning: Starting residue PLAB1 in chain not identified as Protein/RNA/DNA.
> Warning: Starting residue PLAP2 in chain not identified as Protein/RNA/DNA.
> Warning: Starting residue PLAP3 in chain not identified as Protein/RNA/DNA.
> Warning: Starting residue PLAP4 in chain not identified as Protein/RNA/DNA.
> Warning: Starting residue PLAP5 in chain not identified as Protein/RNA/DNA.
> More than 5 unidentified residues at start of chain - disabling further warnings
>
> Please could you help me with this problem?

There isn't a problem.  pdb2gmx is being a little too noisy in this instance,
but it is true that "Polymer" is neither Protein, DNA, nor RNA.  You don't
necessarily have to do anything in residuetypes.dat for a polymer system.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore