[gmx-users] Order Parameter for HII phase

Antonio Baptista baptista at itqb.unl.pt
Fri Feb 24 00:15:20 CET 2017

Hi Mohsen,

I suggest you have a look at the QRB 1977 review by Seelig, that Tom
already mentioned. Like for the planar case, they discuss how spectra of
cylindrical lipid phases are related to the order parameter tensor (but I
never looked into the details for that case). Anyway, I don't know if you
want to compare your simulations with experimental data or are just
looking for a convenient structural parameter. But, whatever the case is,
reading the literature and thinking about the geometry of your system
(Duliez's papers are a good train for that) should give you some hints for
a relevant parameter for your system.

Once you have selected a parameter, you can compute it from stratch using
other GROMACS tools besides g_order. In particular, you can use g_gangle
to get several sorts of angles and then process them yourself. As an
example, you can use this approach to compute SCD using the equation
already mentioned by Tom, and then check if it agrees with the SCD given
by g_order (I once did that, just to be sure).

Good luck! :)

Best,
Antonio