[gmx-users] Potential Energy is positive on minimizing the system

Anurag Dobhal anurag.dobhal at nano-medicine.co.in
Fri Feb 24 09:16:50 CET 2017

Thanks a lot!

*Anurag Dobhal*
*Graduate Student (Bioprocess Technology)*
*Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai*
*Contact: +91 8898486877*

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 9:10 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> On 2/23/17 9:07 AM, Anurag Dobhal wrote:
>
>> Dear Justin,
>>
>> I would like to know weather the parameters below are correct for NVT
>> equilibiration whicle doig a simulation in vaccum ?
>>
>> define = -DPOSRES ; position restrain the protein
>>

> If you don't have solvent, there's no reason to restrain anything.
> Normally one restrains the solute to allow the solvent to relax around it.
> Here, this serves no purpose.
>
> ; Run parameters
>> integrator = md ; leap-frog integrator
>> nsteps = 50000 ; 2 * 50000 = 100 ps
>> dt = 0.002 ; 2 fs
>> ; Output control
>> nstxout = 100 ; save coordinates every 0.2 ps
>> nstvout = 100 ; save velocities every 0.2 ps
>> nstenergy = 100 ; save energies every 0.2 ps
>> nstlog = 100 ; update log file every 0.2 ps
>> ; Bond parameters
>> continuation = no ; first dynamics run
>> constraint_algorithm = lincs ; holonomic constraints
>> constraints = all-bonds ; all bonds (even heavy atom-H bonds) constrained
>> lincs_iter = 1 ; accuracy of LINCS
>> lincs_order = 4 ; also related to accuracy
>> ; Neighborsearching
>> ns_type = simple ; search neighboring grid cells
>>

> Note you also need cutoff-scheme = group here.
>
> nstlist = 0 ; 10 fs
>> rlist = 0.0 ; short-range neighborlist cutoff (in nm)
>> rcoulomb = 0.0 ; short-range electrostatic cutoff (in nm)
>> rvdw = 0.0 ; short-range van der Waals cutoff (in nm)
>> ; Electrostatics
>> coulombtype = PME ; Particle Mesh Ewald for long-range electrostatics
>>

> As I said before, you can't use PME (grompp will fail anyway, because you
> can't have PME without PBC).  Use a plain cutoff.
>
> pme_order = 0 ; cubic interpolation
>> fourierspacing = 0.0 ; grid spacing for FFT
>> ; Temperature coupling is on
>> tcoupl = V-rescale ; modified Berendsen thermostat
>> tc-grps = Other ; two coupling groups - more accurate
>> tau_t = 0.1 ; time constant, in ps
>> ref_t = 300 ; reference temperature, one for each group, in K
>> ; Pressure coupling is off
>> pcoupl = no ; no pressure coupling in NVT
>> ; Periodic boundary conditions
>> pbc = no ; 3-D PBC
>> ; Dispersion correction
>> DispCorr = EnerPres ; account for cut-off vdW scheme
>>

> Dispersion correction is also not applicable.
>
> -Justin
>
> ; Velocity generation
>> gen_vel = yes ; assign velocities from Maxwell distribution
>> gen_temp = 300 ; temperature for Maxwell distribution
>> gen_seed = -1 ; generate a random seed
>>
>> Thank You
>>

>> *Anurag Dobhal*
>> *Graduate Student (Bioprocess Technology)*
>> *Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai*
>> *Contact: +91 8898486877*
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 7:23 PM, Anurag Dobhal <
>> anurag.dobhal at nano-medicine.co.in> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you !
>>>

>>> *Anurag Dobhal*
>>> *Graduate Student (Bioprocess Technology)*
>>> *Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai*
> [...]

*DISCLAIMER:*

*This communication is intended only for the person or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and / or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use is prohibited. If you
have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this
material from your computer. Any comments or statements made herein do not
necessarily reflect those of Nanomedicine Research Group.  Before opening
the email or accessing any attachments, please check and scan for virus.*