[gmx-users] Deletion of Lipids During InflateGro?

Sanim Rahman sanimr at mail.usf.edu
Sun Jan 1 05:30:57 CET 2017

Thank you Justin,

Here are the commands I used:

*gmx_mpi genconf -f popc.gro -o popc_full.gro -nbox 2 1 1*

*perl inflategro.pl <http://inflategro.pl> popc_full.gro 4 POPC 1
popc_inflated.gro 5 area.dat*

The first command was used to extend the length of my bilayer and the
second was to inflate the structure. When I run the second command it reads
that there are 128 lipids in the structure. My popc.gro originally had 128
and after using the genconf command I doubled it to 256. I checked my
popc_full.gro file in VMD and opened the file in an open text editor to
ensure that it was 256 lipids.

I compared my popc_inflated.gro file to my popc.gro file inflated under the
same parameters. They were exactly the same. Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Sanim Rahman