[gmx-users] force calculations in PMF

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 04:36:37 CET 2017

Since I don't use WHAM or even know what it is, I can only guess that
feeding pullf data sets the COM force as a function of time. Conversely,
GMX reports COM pullf data when pulling is set up via pull code. And
that is the pulling force acting upon the COM of the _pulled object_.
So, I can guess here that you're supplying the force data for the COM of
_the group subject to pulling_. It makes very little sense to me that a
force would be prescribed for the entire system when the objective is to
artificially move one subsystem relative to another.

This assumes I understood your question. :)

Alex