[gmx-users] Regarding gromacs commands..

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jan 6 19:46:02 CET 2017

On 1/6/17 2:24 AM, Dilip H N wrote:
> no...
> I want to create  300 molecules of ammonia...

Well, you asked about BF3, so you got an answer about BF3 :)

> how can i create  300 molecules of ammonia and then get it in .pdb file
> format..??

For a simple molecule like NH3 you can easily write the coordinates by hand from
basic geometry.  Otherwise, find an NMR structure of a protein that contains Lys
and copy its NZ-HZ[123] group and use that.  gmx insert-molecules -nmol 300 will
give you a box of 300.

-Justin

>  Sent with Mailtrack
> <https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=en&referral=cy16f01.dilip@nitk.edu.in&idSignature=22>
>
> On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Alex <nedomacho at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Google "bf3 rcsb" > third result from the top
>> https://www3.rcsb.org/ligand/BF3 > download cif file (view/download on
>> the right) > open in pymol > save as pdb
>>
>> Alex
>>

>> On 1/5/2017 10:20 PM, Dilip H N wrote:
>>
>>> I want to do a simulation of BF3 molecule..
>>> how can i create a pdb file of BF3 molecule..??
>>> is there any softwares for creating a .pdb files ..??
>>>

>> --
>>
>> * Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/Support
>> /Mailing_Lists/GMX-Users_List before posting!

>> * For (un)subscribe requests visit

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629