[gmx-users] Topology parameters for ligand

tasneem kausar tasneemkausar12 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 08:32:01 CET 2017

I got it.

I have looked at the input files for the T4-lysozyme tutorial available at
alchemistry.org. They have defined state A and state B. I am using
GROMACS-5.1.4 for these calculation. So as mentioned in gromacs manual
decoupling parameters are taken from the mdp options, like by defining
[lambda-moltype] in mdp file. As I know from the tutorials and manual the
solvation free energy of the ligand can calculated.

>From the alchemistry.org input files, the topology parameters of ligand are
inserted in protein topology named as complex.top.

If I follow the same protocol without defining the state B of the ligand in
topology, how the ligand molecule will be decoulped in complex.