[gmx-users] Mycobacterium cell wall protein

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jan 9 14:07:39 CET 2017

On 1/9/17 2:09 AM, Shanmuga Priya V.G wrote:
> Dear Gromacs Users,
> I have a insilico model of Mycobacterium tuberculosis cell wall  (surface)
> protein
> which has no transmembrane helices. Which Gromacs tutorials should I
> follow for MD studies to know about its conformational stability and
> latter for protein - ligand studies. Kindly guide me

This depends on whether or not the protein has any significant interaction with
the cell wall.  If it does, you'll have to model it as a peripheral membrane
protein (e.g. bound to, but not embedded in, the membrane).  Otherwise, if it is
distant from the cell wall, it's like any normal protein-in-water system or
protein-ligand complex, for which any number of tutorials exist (just ask Google!).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore