[gmx-users] Adding FE2+ or FE3+ into the system

Hannes Loeffler Hannes.Loeffler at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Jan 10 17:38:12 CET 2017

What are you planning to do with those parameters?

You could have a look into the Li/Merz parameters (and papers!)
available with the AmberTools (may not have been converted yet to
Gromacs formats and the 12-6-4 sets would need support in the code).
Generally, you should be wary when using simple ion force fields and
check carefully how they have been parameterised and what for.
Distinguishing different valencies of the same transition metal atom
with only vdW/Coulomb parameters will most likely not capture their
complex chemistry.