[gmx-users] Running GROMACS in cluster with SGE

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 12:52:44 CET 2017

Hi,

Your should ~always compile GROMACS for the hardware you'll run it on. The
distro versions are necessarily portable, and that means slow. I would also
not start new simulation work using a version of a simulation code that's
six years old, because that also means slow.

One would have to inspect your log files to analyse why your relative
performance was that way, but that effort is wasted compared with
installing newer, hardware-tuned code.

Mark