[gmx-users] about potential energy calculation

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 12:17:11 CET 2017

Hi,

Having low potential energy (whether in dynamical simulation or em) and
being (any kind of) stable are nearly unrelated concepts. There may be a
way to measure what you want, but so far I suspect you haven't worked out a
good way to describe what you want.

Further, unless your peptides are isomers, your potential energies are of
systems with different composition, so can't be compared.

Mark