[gmx-users] temperature coupling groups for homogeneous mixtures/ ionic liquids?

Kroon, P.C. p.c.kroon at rug.nl
Mon Jan 16 22:22:56 CET 2017

Hi,

yes it matters. In general tc-grps=system is better/correct, unless the
thermal energy transfer across your system is hampered (e.g. a lipid
membrane, or a large protein). It hasn't changed with versions. In
addition, the Berendsen thermostat produces the wrong ensemble.
To check previous simulations, check that the system as a whole, as well as
relevant parts of your simulations display the correct maxwell-boltzmann
distribution of velocities. Even then, there might be some effect which are
hard to quantify.

Peter