[gmx-users] Simulation in vacuum

Мижээ Батсайхан b.mijiddorj at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 06:53:53 CET 2017

Dear Erik,

Thank you very much for helping me.
I have got 2 errors from grompp using gromacs v5.1.

ERROR 1 [file nve.mdp]:
  With Verlet lists only full pbc or pbc=xy with walls is supported

ERROR 2 [file nve.mdp]:
  With Verlet lists nstlist should be larger than 0

How can I fix these? I copied my mdp file.

title       = NVE equilibration
; Run parameters
integrator  = md        ; leap-frog integrator
nsteps      = 100000000      ; 1 * 100000000 fs= 100000 ps = 100 ns
dt          = 0.001     ; 1 fs
; mode for center of mass motion removal
comm-mode                = Angular

; Output control
nstxout     = 5000
nstvout     = 5000
nstenergy   = 5000
nstlog      = 500
;energygrps  =

; Bond parameters
continuation    = no
constraint_algorithm = lincs
constraints     = hbonds
lincs_iter      = 2
lincs_order     = 4

; Neighborsearching PARAMETERS
vdw-type    = cut-off
verlet-buffer-tolerance = -1
rlist         = 1
nstlist     = 0
ns_type     = grid
pbc         = no

; OPTIONS FOR ELECTROSTATICS AND VDW
coulombtype              = cut-off
rcoulomb-switch          = 0
rcoulomb                 = 0.0
rvdw                     = 0.0
rvdw-switch              = 0.0
fourierspacing           = 0.16
epsilon_r                = 1
epsilon_rf               = 78
; EWALD/PME/PPPM parameters
pme_order                = 4          ; cubic interpolation

; Temperature coupling
tcoupl      = no
;tc-grps     =
;tau_t       = 0.1
;ref_t       = 300
; Pressure coupling
pcoupl      = no        ; no pressure coupling in NVT
; Dispersion correction
; Velocity generation
gen_vel     = yes       ; assign velocities from Maxwell distribution
gen_temp    = 300       ; temperature for Maxwell distribution
gen_seed    = -1       ; generate a random seed

Best regards,
Mijiddorj