[gmx-users] NOTE: Cannot set thread affinities on the current platform.

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 15:43:57 CET 2017

Hi,

That suggests something is wrong with the pthreads infrastructure on your
machine. I would strongly advise checking that your cygwin is up to date.
It's supposed to just work because the cygwin library implements the
pthreads interface that GROMACS expects to find (and checks for, leading to
this message). But we don't regularly test on Cygwin or officially support
it, so it's possible there's some issue arisen that nobody else has
reported.

If you can update cygwin and try a fresh install of GROMACS and still get
this message from mdrun, please tarball your build directory and email it
to me off-list and I can perhaps see where the problem might lie.

Your major alternative would be to install openmpi under cygwin and use the
GROMACS MPI build, but I suspect you'll run into similar performance issues.

Mark