[gmx-users] Dihedral Population Analysis -Index file

Mohsen Ramezanpour ramezanpour.mohsen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 21:46:13 CET 2017

Thanks Mark. That is great.

I tried that and I made an Index file of what I want.

"DIH" resname DOPC and atomname O  C12  C23  C

However, looking at index files, the order of atom numbers is not right and
give me a wrong dihedral for analysis with g_angle.

8101  8116  8117 8126

*I want it to be like:*
*8117  8116   8126   8101*  (based on atom numbers in the .gro file)
because the order matters for the dihedrals.

So, I used the following one but it did not work neither:
"DIH" resname DOPC and atomname O  C12  C23  C  permute 1  2  3  4
To keep them in the order they are (I assumed 1, 2, 3, 4 represents the
position of atom names in command), and the out put is again:

8101 8116 8117 8126 which is wrong again.

If I assume that the numbers are the positions for atom numbers (not the
atomnames), then 1 would be for 8101, 2 for 8116, 3 for 8117, and 4 for 8126
"DIH" resname DOPC and atomname O  C12  C23  C  permute  3  2  4  1

and the output will be:
8126 8116 8101 8117

Which is not what I want.
Could you please clarify how to make the order as I want?
I read but could not figure it out.

Thanks.