[gmx-users] Dynamics

jkrieger at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk jkrieger at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 26 08:55:31 CET 2017

Hi Rahul,

The protein being out of the box is not a problem except for visualisation
and some analysis (e.g. RMSD). For continuing the simulation, it is a
completely normal consequence of having periodic boundaries and you
shouldn't worry about it. You can then fIx the protein for visualisation
and analysis separately to running. See
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Periodic_Boundary_Conditions

To continue the simulation just use mdrun as normal but with the -cpi
flag. If you want more time than you originally set the mdp to ask for
then use tpbconv (gmx convert_tpr in gromacs 5 and later). See
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Extending_Simulations

Best wishes
James