[gmx-users] Gro file does not match topology

Sotirios Dionysios I. Papadatos si.papadatos at edu.cut.ac.cy
Fri Jan 27 06:52:21 CET 2017

OK, dividing the number by 3 could be used if you are using a 3-point water solvent. Apart from that, assuming that during the procedure up to minimization you didn't forget to update your topology file, this usually comes up if you manually edit your .gro, .top files. Check your .gro file, top left corner you can see the number of atoms, then verify in your topology file (bottom) that the number of molecules (time their atoms) sum up to the same number. If not, we'll need more info.