[gmx-users] gmx spatial

Christopher Neale chris.neale at alum.utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 30 17:30:38 CET 2017

Dear Hoda:

You’re likely seeing water mostly on one side because of PBC. I suggest you modify your commands such that you create a new .gro file in which the protein is centred and PBC is re-imaged (trjconv -center -pbc mol) and then use that to create a new .tpr file and then use that new .tpr file as input for the -s option in your protein fitting (while also using -pbc mol in that command)

I don’t know why you want to remove nonbonded water around the protein (Actually, I don’t know what is not nonbonded water…). If you mean you want the SDF of only the first hydration shell, then you can use gmx select to output particular water molecules and then (since I think you will need to have a contant number of waters) you can do some scripting to reset the coordinates of all other water molecules to 9 9 9 or something like that (though this may have -nab implications during gmx spatial).

Chris.