[gmx-users] gmx wham problem

edesantis edesantis at roma2.infn.it
Sat Jul 1 14:01:50 CEST 2017

Dear Matthew,
thanks for your opinion.
How can you establish if the histograms are sufficiently overlapped? Is
there any thumbs role?
For what concern the negative sign of reaction coordinates, I think it
could derive from the choice of the order of the pulling groups and the
vector along you are pulling.

Thank you again
Best regards,
Emiliano

On 2017-06-28 17:49, Thompson, Matthew White wrote:
> It looks like you need to sample more states, 13 is not enough.
> Probably more like 20-30+ would be needed to get a smooth PMF as is
> discussed in that tutorial. The weird features in your PMF are from
> insufficiently overlapping histograms, for example the bump near -2.2
> nm corresponds to having no histogram there. You also see that you
> only have one state near -1.2 nm, so that is probably not being
> sampled enough for WHAM to produce meaningful results.
>
> Also I don't understand the meaning of negative distance as a reaction
> coordinate. If that is the distance between two things, maybe it
> should be positive. It makes it difficult to understand which values
> correspond to them being close and far away.

Emiliano De Santis