[gmx-users] error in nvidia cuda installation

Stephane TELETCHEA Stephane.Teletchea at univ-nantes.fr
Tue Jul 4 16:18:06 CEST 2017

You have to close all X window, disconnect, then go to the console using
ctrl+alt+F1, an then:

1) turn off the xserver and/or the login manager:

sudo service lightdm stop (in Ubuntu)

sudo service gdm stop (Mint)

2) performs the steps again, it should work now

3) reboot (the initrd/initramfs is rebuilt to remove kms which is
incompatible between NVIDIA and nouveau)

If not, please post again the error message on the list.

Best,

Stéphane

--
Lecturer, UFIP, UMR 6286 CNRS, Team Protein Design In Silico
UFR Sciences et Techniques, 2, rue de la Houssinière, Bât. 25, 44322