[gmx-users] Number of ions in Anionic lipid system- Charmm-GUI

Nidhin Thomas nidhin.thomas0624 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 18:17:37 CEST 2017

Hi Justin,

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply.

I used just 400 POPC lipids to build the lipid bilayer and when I added 150 mM KCl, it added 49 K+ and 49 Cl- to the system. Do you think these numbers are correct? Could you please tell me how I can check the correct number of ions?

The size of the original system (300 POPC + 100 POPG) was (11.7480468  11.7480468  8.98 ) nm. If the size of the system is very small to accommodate the ions, how can I change the size of the system in charmm-gui ? Or should I just get the bilayer system and add ions by myself using gonion command in gromacs?

Thanks,

Nidhin Thomas