[gmx-users] Generating GROMACS input file from the GAMESS output file

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jul 7 16:50:38 CEST 2017

On 7/6/17 10:45 PM, 조영래 wrote:
> Hi gmx&gamess users~
>
> I would like to generate *.gro *itp file about one atom for MD simulation.
> So I calculated Fe metal atom using GAMESS program.
> --------------------------------------
> FE.inp  >>>> FE.dat FE.log
> --------------------------------------
> How do I make  GAMESS result file (.log) into AMBER force field format
> (.gro .itp).

In short, you don't.  Force field parameters are classical representations for
trying to reproduce QM or other condensed-phase behavior.  You won't get force
field parameters (.itp) out of a QM calculation.  As for the coordinates, if all
you have is a single Fe atom, then you can write whatever coordinates you want
by hand - it's a single set of (x,y,z) coordinates and may very well be arbitrary.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore