[gmx-users] problem: gromacs run on gpu

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 15:43:04 CEST 2017

Leila,

If you want to use only one GPU, pass that GPU's ID to mdrun, e.g. -gpu_id
0 for the 1st one. You'll also want to pick the right number of cores for
the run, it will surely not make sense to use all 96. Also make sure to pin
the threads (-pin on).

However, I strongly recommend that you read the documentation and wiki and
check the examples to understand how to correctly launch mdrun and how to
understand performance and tune it. You should especially be careful if you
intend to share the node with others or you want to do multiple runs
side-by-side.

--
Szilárd