[gmx-users] 5' phosphate of RNA

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jul 11 19:05:22 CEST 2017

On 7/11/17 7:06 AM, mohammad fathabadi wrote:
> Thank you Justin
> I saw SOMNATH question and your answer about 5' PHO on 5 Jul.
> According that answer,  I  put PRES 5 PHO from  top_all36_na.rtf   file in merged.n.tdb  file after [5TER] section but I receive many errors like: Atom NA not found in  1GUN buiding block wile rtp and itp Atom N not found in  1GUN buiding block wile rtp and itp Atom C not found in  1GUN buiding block wile rtp and itp In my opinion I put 5 PHO patch in wrong position. where should I put this patch in merged.n.tdb file correctly  and it is neccesory that edit [5TER] section in this file.I have used CHARMM36(2017) for gromacs.Thank you for any advice

I don't know what residue "GUN" is, but it looks like pdb2gmx is trying to treat
it as a protein, which means you didn't add it correctly as an entry in
residuetypes.dat.  Beyond that, I can't comment on how you might have
implemented the patch, so you'll have to provide more details.

-Justin

> Regards
>

> On Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 5:27:45 AM GMT+4:30, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:
>

> On 6/19/17 8:55 AM, Mohammad fat habadi wrote:
>> DEAR Users
>> I have a RNA that has phosphate(P,OP,OP2,OP3) on 5’.
>> IN RNA and DNA, 3’ has phosphate and 5‘ doesn’t it and for this all Force fields don’t know phosphate atoms on 5’ of RNA.
>> pdb2gmx  make an error.
>> IF I delete 5’ phosphate atoms, I don’t have any problems.
>> How can I solve this problem without deleting 5’ phosphate.
>
> To keep the phosphate, you need to add a suitable rna.n.tdb entry in whatever
> force field you're using.  Most force fields may not support this.  CHARMM does,
> but it's not implemented in the GROMACS port.  You can get the parameters from
> the CHARMM force field files - look in top_all36_na.rtf (PRES 5PHO).
>
> http://mackerell.umaryland.edu/charmm_ff.shtml#charmm
>
> -Justin

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy