[gmx-users] gmx select

Pandya, Akash akash.pandya.15 at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jul 12 22:36:10 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I am trying to select all the glycine molecules with 0.5nm of my protein. I tried both of these commands I got from the gromacs website:

gmx select -f output.gro -select "Close to protein" resname Glyci and within 0.5 of group "Protein"' -ofpdb

gmx select -f output.xtc -s output.tpr (my converted input file) -select "Close to protein" resname Glyci and within 0.5 of group "Protein"' -ofpdb

Nothing comes up when I enter them. Please could someone help me with this?

Akash