[gmx-users] gmx select

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jul 13 16:18:08 CEST 2017

On 7/13/17 10:01 AM, Pandya, Akash wrote:
> So I tried with both opening and closing. It seems to select all the molecules in my box which is not what I want. I only want certain glycine molecules that are closest to the protein. May you please suggest another way is which I could achieve this. The command I used is below:
>
> gmx select -f output.xtc -s output.gro -select '"Close to protein" resname Glycine and within 0.5 of group "Protein"' -pdbatoms selected -ofpdb

"resname Glycine" surely will return nothing.  You need to use valid residue
names as found in the .gro file.  The format of .gro permits residue names up to
5 characters, so clearly "Glycine" is never going to match anything.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore