[gmx-users] NPT problem

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 20:06:24 CEST 2017

It is very unclear what you mean by "the results were good" and then "the
results were not good." Your graphene setup is bad and it propagated to
everything else. Please do not start solvating your graphene sample prior
to making sure that your model is reasonable.
To diagnose what's wrong with your model there isn't enough info. For one,
it is unclear if you followed the tutorial correctly. Second, it is unclear
if your x2top command was issued on graphene coordinates with the same box
size as the solvated box, especially if one resulted in proper PBC and the
other did not. Third, you need to turn off all constraints/restraints and
first equilibrate graphene in vacuum (EM followed by considerably long NPT
at something like 10K) and make absolutely sure that PBC is properly set
in-plane, etc, that SP2 bond lengths in graphene are what they are supposed
to be. Fourth, do you understand what that CNT tutorial is doing, or are
you blindly following it?
This stuff requires effort. Noone can help otherwise.

Alex