[gmx-users] changing cutoffs with gmx tune_pme

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 15:44:02 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 14:48 Leandro Bortot <leandro.obt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear users,
>
>      I'm doing some tests with gmx tune_pme to optimize the setup for my
> system. In the help options I saw that I could change the coulomb and LJ
> cut-offs in addition to varying the number of PME ranks. So I did that to
> test.

Shameless plug for background discussion...
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/enhanced/exportCitation/doi/10.1002/jcc.21773

     My system runs faster when rcoulomb and rvdw are small. Specifically =
> 0.5 nm in my tests.

Don't. rvdw is not a free parameter - most forcefields won't work if you
change it. You would likely have better prospects if you also used
dispersion PME in recent versions of GROMACS, but the field lacks
experience with that yet.

Mark

     When I compare test runs for the same number of PME ranks I see that