[gmx-users] Molecular Simulation using Ionic liquid

Antonio Baptista baptista at itqb.unl.pt
Tue Jul 25 21:23:48 CEST 2017

Hi Vidya,

You should try to make your model "fit" into the existing forcefield you
will be using. Also, you should validate the model with known physical
properties (e.g., density, self-diffusion, shear viscosity, isothermal
compressibility). It's usually difficult to get them all good, of course,
but playing with some (e.g., LJ) parameters may get you a reasonable
compromise. An example of a parameterization of Bmim for a GROMOS ff:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jp061869s
And its use with a protein: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jp0766050

Best,
Antonio