[gmx-users] gmx complains of mismatch between index and trajectory file

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 09:18:54 CEST 2017

Hi,

Your xtc file has only the group you wrote, so it isn't valid to index into
it with an index file that was made for a conformation with many other
atoms. That's the mismatch the message mentions. For your xtc, "System" is
the subset of *it* that you seem to want for your analysis. Note that gmx
convert-tpr -f topol.tpr -n -o subset.tpr is sometimes needed for giving an
analysis tool a matching coordinate and trajectory file. That would let you
then build eg a Protein group that was valid to index into your trajectory.

Mark