[gmx-users] Question on force field

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jul 31 04:46:23 CEST 2017

On 7/30/17 8:58 PM, YanhuaOuyang wrote:
> Hi,
>   I have run a protein MD simulation and choose a force field "8: CHARMM27 all-atom force field (CHARM22 plus CMAP for proteins) ". I wonder that whether the CHARMM27 all-atom force field here is equal to the CHARMM22/CMAP

Well, not "equal" but it means that the "CHARMM27" files include C22/CMAP for
proteins.  There is no such thing as a CHARMM27 protein force field.  The C27
nucleic acid and lipid parameters came out at the same time as the C22/CMAP
protein force field, and got somewhat unfortunately lumped together in nomenclature.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore