[gmx-users] Segmentation fault (core dumped) Too many LINCS warnings

Deepesh Sigdel deepesh.sigdel at selu.edu
Mon Jun 5 15:43:54 CEST 2017

​Dear All

I've been trying to create a DPPC bilayer with polarizable water for the
past week, but I've gotten "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" error message
every single time during the production run, and despite all my efforts, I
haven't been able to figure out a solution for this error.

My box is (7.5) nm cubed, and there are 128 DPPC molecules which I tried to
solvate with 768 Polarizable Water beads. For shorter time period of ~5ns I
get many LINCS warnings but I'm able to complete the run. For longer
simulations ~20ns, I get too many LINCS warnings, and it gives the
aforementioned error and the run crashes?

I've looked into my .itp, .mdp files but just can't figure out what might
be wrong. Any suggestions on how to solve this?

--
*Thank You*
*Deepes*