[gmx-users] Significance of box vectors in GRO trajectory file.

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jun 5 16:22:34 CEST 2017

On 6/5/17 10:14 AM, Dawid das wrote:
> By "rewraping coordinates" do you mean how molecules that went outside of
> the box are treated?

I mean you're changing the distance between periodic images after the
simulation, which means whatever reimaging you are doing via trjconv is wrong
relative to what actually happened during the simulation.

> By the way, why does this vector change during simulation? What if I use
> exactly the same vector for my whole
> simulation?

This is the function of pressure coupling.  If you keep the box vectors fixed,
that is an NVT simulation.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629