[gmx-users] mdrun with multi option

Debdip Bhandary debdip.bhandary at mv.uni-kl.de
Wed Jun 7 12:33:51 CEST 2017

Dear Users,

I have doubts regarding simulating multiple systems using mdrun '-multi'
option.

I have seen that people have used this option for replica exchange (with
'-replex' option, of course) where information are exchanged between the
systems. In case of different systems (such as different windows in
Umbrella sampling simulations, liquid water systems at different
temperatures, etc.), as per my understanding (from user manual), there
is no exchange of information between the systems and simulations are
run without any influence of each other. Am I correct here? or is there
any issue when different systems are simulated using -multi/multidir
options? Any information regarding this would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Debdip Bhandary