[gmx-users] number of coordinates does not match after POSRES

Simon Kit Sang Chu simoncks1994 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 13:18:46 CEST 2017

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your prompt reply. What surprises me is that a change of "define
= POSRES" could cause a problem. The full output from grompp is -

checking input for internal consistency...
calling cpp...
cpp: error: POSRES: No such file or directory
cpp: warning: ‘-x c’ after last input file has no effect
cpp: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
cpp exit code: 1024
Tried to execute: 'cpp  -I/home/simon/Softs/gromacs-3.3.1/share/gromacs/top
POSRES p1p2.top > gromppDTyNuM'
The 'cpp' command is defined in the .mdp file
processing topology...
processing coordinates...
Program grompp, VERSION 3.3.1
Source code file: grompp.c, line: 448

Fatal error:
number of coordinates in coordinate file (npt.gro, 74787)
             does not match topology (p1p2.top, 0)

The additional information is attached here as a reference.

*chainA-pace.top*
[ moleculetype ]
; Name            nrexcl
Protein_A           3

[ atoms ]
;   nr       type  resnr residue  atom   cgnr     charge       mass  typeB
   chargeB      massB
     1         N+      1    MET      N      1        0.7         17   ;
qtot 0.7
.
.
.
  919   922   921   920     2    0.0  300.0

; Include Position restraint file
#ifdef POSRES
#include "chainA_posre.itp"
#endif

*chainA_porse.itp*
; position restraints for r_1-62_&_Backbone of FullP1P2 in water

[ position_restraints ]
;  i funct       fcx        fcy        fcz
   1    1       1000       1000       1000
.
.
.
 523    1       1000       1000       1000
 530    1       1000       1000       1000

Simon