[gmx-users] mdp options in GROMACS 4.5.5

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jun 7 16:36:50 CEST 2017

On 6/7/17 10:05 AM, ‪Mohammad Roostaie‬ ‪ wrote:
> Dear Mark,
> I was using version 5.1.4, but I got this error when using "gmx mdrun":
> tMPI error: malloc failure in tMPI (out of memory) (in valid comm)Aborted
>
> I tried version 5.0.4, too, and I got the same error. Hence, I decided to use the 4.5.5 version which does not give me that error.

If you're having a problem with a specific version, you should try something
*newer* rather than significantly older.  Your posts about that issue went
unresolved because there's not nearly enough information about what you did to
install 5.1.4 (hardware, OS, compilers, your cmake command, etc).

Try with 2016.3 for something modern and actively being maintained.  It's a lot
more effective for the developers to troubleshoot issues with the current
version than one that is not even officially supported any more.

-Justin

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629