[gmx-users] Simulate protein at subzero condition in aqueous buffer

João Henriques joao.m.a.henriques at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 19:16:02 CEST 2017

​Higher complexity water models such as TIP5P and so on are able to better
reproduce bulk water properties (please check the paper I linked in my
earlier email). However, these models require more computational effort
(due to the increased number of interactions) and may not work well in
conjunction with a protein (many protein force fields were developed to be
used with specific water models)​. As Justin said, none of them gets
everything right.

/J