[gmx-users] Lennard Jones and Buckingham potential together in one simulation

Narjes Khosravian narjes.khosravian at chalmers.se
Thu Jun 8 10:32:35 CEST 2017

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply!

Actually I am using tabulated-potential based on the bellow manual by Gareth Tribello.
<http://www.gromacs.org/@api/deki/files/94/=gromacs_nb.pdf>

<http://www.gromacs.org/@api/deki/files/94/=gromacs_nb.pdf>
http://www.gromacs.org/@api/deki/files/94/=gromacs_nb.pdf

My problem is that:

Since I have LJ and buckingham both, what should be the statement mentioning nbfunc ( and combination-rule) in .top file? e.g. nbfunc=1 followed by LJ parameters  C and A for the concerned pairs and

then nbfunc=2 (and whatever combination rule) , followed by buckingham  parameters C, A , B for concerned pairs in the .top file?

I greatly appreciate for any help in this matter.
Best,
Narjes