[gmx-users] number of coordinates does not match after POSRES

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jun 8 12:08:15 CEST 2017

On 6/8/17 12:23 AM, Simon Kit Sang Chu wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Thanks for your advice. Since we are using a forcefield which could only
> incorporate with gromacs 3.3.1, we have no choice but to prepare the system
> in the old version, then run it with the latest version of gromacs.

The only change in force fields between 3.3.x and now is a reorganization into
directories.  It's a trivial adjustment to make.  You'll get much faster
performance and thousands of bug fixes if you update to something modern.

> Yes, indeed the option should be with -DPOSRES instead. And the topology
> file should #include chainA-pace.top, then chainA_posres.itp in this
> alternative manner. It seems that writing all chainA chainB.top first and
> all pores.itp later would not do it. Please tell me if I am wrong.

Right, position restraints are on a per-moleculetype basis.  Any
[position_restraints] directive applies to the [moleculetype] that immediately
precedes it in the topology.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629