[gmx-users] Gromacs

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jun 8 12:09:30 CEST 2017

On 6/8/17 3:10 AM, saranya wrote:
> I have simulated the protein in water and protein with ligand for 100ns by
> using GPU and the edr file was generated using -rerun command on
> another system.I have just checked the pressure of my system by using
> gmx energy
> command, then i have selected pressure (group), but the calculated pressure
> is quite altered (20,000 pressure bar). Moreover, when I calculated the
> temperature of my system, the result was zero.

If you're recalculating energies from an .xtc, this is what you should expect.
There are no velocities in an .xtc file so all properties related to kinetic
energy (temperature and virial, hence pressure) are all garbage.

The original .edr file has these quantities.  You just can't use energygrps to
decompose short-range nonbonded interaction energies on a GPU.  The other
quantities are valid.

-Justin

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy