[gmx-users] Inserting ionic liquids

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Jun 10 01:44:56 CEST 2017

On 6/9/17 12:52 PM, Pranesh M wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am studying the simulation of ionic liquids in water. I want to insert
> cation and anion solvate the box with water and perform the simulation.
> I can successfully add cation into the box while adding anion using gmx
> insert-molecules command the cation disappears.

This implies an incorrect sequence of commands, but without seeing what you're
doing it's impossible to tell.  You can certainly e.g. add the cation to an
empty box, then the anion to the box of cations, and finally solvate with water.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore